Advertorial: Beautiful fjords, a spectacular train journey, unique architecture and UNESCOs World Heritage sites - that´s Geiranger & Norway in a nutshell®.
Photo: Paal Audestad/Fjord Tours
The roundtrip from Fjord Tours will bring you to some of Norways finest. Among them the Nærøyfjord and Geirangerfjord. Both of them are among UNESCOs World Heritage sites. The unique Nærøyfjord (a sidearm of Sognefjord) is 17 km long and only 250 metres wide in some areas. The steep mountains surrounding the fjord, makes the boatjourney through the fjord one of Europe´s most dramatic fjord tours.
And, they are beautiful. So beautiful that UNESCO holds Nærøyfjord and Geirangerfjord to be among the earths most scenic fjord experiences.
Wether you to choose to start this roundtrip from Ålesund, Bergen or Oslo. The impressions are many, this being only some of them:
- The Raumabanen Railway
- The Bergen Railway - by many, also foreingners, seen as one of the most beautiful trains journeys in the world
- The Flåm Railway
- The Aurlandsfjord
- Stalheimskleiva - the steepest piece of road in northern Europe that stretches 1,5 km up the hillside between Nærøydalen and Stalheim passing two waterfalls
- Bryggen in Bergen - one of UNESCOs World Heritage sites
- The Kjosfossen Waterfall - a spectacular waterfall with a total drop of 225 metres. One of Norway´s most visited tourist attractions. The Flåm Railway passes just in front of the waterfalls lower part
- The Kylling bridge - probably the most known and photographed railway bridge in Norway. The stone bridge is 76 metres long, and stretches over The Rauma river in Romsdal
In Ålesund, the biggest port for export of klippfish in the world, you will among other experience the small towns unique Jugenstil architecture. As if all of this wasn´t enough, the roundtrip will transport you both by train, bus and tourist boat. And, you will get to see the cities and towns of Bergen, Voss, Gudvangen, Flåm, Myrdal, Oslo, Dombås and Åndalsnes.
To keep your travel on a tighter budget, it might be a good idea to invest in a Fjord Pass®, the most extensive hotelpass in Norway.