The building was built in 1873-74 and it started as a wool spinning mill. From 1919 the same building was used as a cannery, and in the early 1930 the production of chairs began in this same building.

When the World War II started, Georg Fjellberg was a blacksmith in this building, and he was arrested and executed by the Germans for concealing weapons.

After the war, various activities took place in the building: clog factory and fruit warehouse among others.

Around 1990 the townhall bought the building and restored it for cultural purposes.

  • Trip Advisor logo

Kontakt

Adresse:
  • Hjelmelandsvågen
  • 4130 Hjelmeland
Telefon:
51 75 70 00
E-Mail:
Website:
www.hjelmeland.kommune.no

Wo ist Spinneriet Hjelmelandsvågen?