Taking the train is the fastest and most environmentally friendly way to get to Voss from Bergen and Oslo. You can also drive or take the bus or express bus to Voss. Then you can not only travel to Voss from Bergen and Oslo, but also from Lillehammer, Sogndal, Flåm, Gudvangen, Odda and Ulvik. Flesland is the closest airport.
Travelling to Voss
- From Bergen: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- From Oslo: 5 hours and 25 minutes
- From Flåm: 1 hour and 45 minutes
BERGEN – VOSS
- Route: E16; Arna, Dale
- Distance: about 100 km
- Time: about 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Route 1: RV 52 via Hemsedal; Gol - Borlaug: about 396 km - about 6 hours and 30 minutes
- Route 2: RV 7; Hardangervidda: about 380 km - about 6 hours
- Route 3: RV 50; Hol - Aurland: about 382 km - about 6 hours
- Route 4: E16; Filefjell: about 420 km - about 7 hours
Most restaurants, shops and many attractions are situated within walking distance of the centre of Voss. So if, for example, you are planning a skiing holiday at Voss Resort, you won’t need a car. Voss Gondal cable car goes directly from the station platform to the ski slopes. There is a ski bus service to Myrkdalen that corresponds with several trains. There are also three large hotels in the centre of Voss.
During the summer months, you can rent an electric bike from VossaBike to travel in and around Voss. If you have a car or electric car, there are many places to park and charge in the town centre. In VossaPark for example you can park for 24 hours for NOK 50.
Skyss bus services run between some places in Voss, and Voss Taxi operates around the clock (book in the VY app).