|Season (11 Oct 2021 - 15 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Friday||10:00||- 15:00|
|Saturday - Sunday||Closed|
How to get to Rosendal and Folgefonna Center?
Rosendal is at the Hardangerfjord, a 2 hour boat trip from Bergen. Hardangerfjordekspressen goes to Rosendal all year and you can buy a round trip ticket by boat from Bergen.
If you drive to Rosendal it is approximately 2,5 hours to drive from Bergen and you can then buy a ticket to the Folgefonna Center at the entrance. The tour includes a ferry. See the route in google maps.
• The global water cycle
• Folgefonna glacier
• The atmosphere, low pressure systems and precipitation
• Water histories around the world
• The Hardangerfjord
• Villages near Folgefonna – the people and their landscape
• Folgefonna National Park
• Biodiversity – the flora, fauna, rivers and streams of the Folgefonn Peninsula
• Adventures on the Folgefonna Glacier
• Our climate and climate researchers
• Extreme precipitation and natural disasters
• From the depths of the Hardangerfjord and the sea
• The ocean and the fjord communicate
• The ocean and climate change
• New treasures from the ocean
• Sea animals that “see” in the dark
• Sex in the sea
• Sustainable food production
Four films are shown at the centre:
• "Of Water it is created" - A Journey in the Waterscape of Western Norway
• “The Drama of the Mountains” – geology
• “The Life of the Hardangerfjord”
• “The Roar of the Rutting Stags”
The Boatbuilding Museum – Skaaluren Collection
Folgefonn Centre and the Boatbuilding Museum have joint admission. The Skaaluren Collection documents the history of wooden boatbuilding in Hardanger, with emphasis on the peak years 1850–1950. At the museum entrance, there is information about the region’s modern maritime industries.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Children under 5 years||Free|
|Children under 16 years||NOK60.00 tickets|
|Groups min. 10 pers.||NOK85.00 tickets|
|Family ticket (2 adults, children under 16)||NOK250.00 tickets|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
The Folgefonn Center is connected to the Folgefonna National Park. It includes modern,…
The Folgefonn Centre in the village of Rosendal, on the Hardangerfjord, offers…
Museum with 3 different local museums; Ship building museum Skaalurensamlinga, Museum…
Kvinnherad church is situated in the parish of Kvinnherad, Sunnhordland prosti. It was…
Kvinnherad Church, also known as the Kvinnherad Cathedral, is by many regarded as one of…
The Stone Park is one of the attractions of the Folgefonna National Park Centre.
The old Vangssago sawmill is located at the entrance to the Stone Park.
You can see…
Listed farm cluster from the 18th century featuring an archaeological exhibition of…
The stone park is located centrally in Rosendal and is connected to the Folgefonna…
Baroniet Rosendal is Norway's only barony and Scandinavia's smallest castle. The barony…
The Barony in Rosendal the only one of its kind in Norway and a major attraction in…
At the beautiful Guddal farm 5 km south of Rosendal there is an art gallery with a café…
Bygdetunet Rød is situated in Uskedalen a village 8 miles from Rosendal. The collection…
Haugland old school – Uskedalen.
School museum for Kvinnherad. This school museum is…
Beautiful waterfall, that can be seen from the road, between Ænes and Sundal.
Boat cruise Bergen - Rosendal (round-trip) on The Hardangerfjord Express, BergenVisit beautiful Rosendal on a day trip from Bergen. The tour is available all year. See the village, the rose garden at the Barony or go hiking.