The Aukra church was built in 1835 and has a octangular shape. The church has been through some changes and modifications since it was built. When the local council took over the responisibility of the church in 1901, the old pews with familynames were removed so that people could freely choose where they wanted to sit themselves. The old pillory was burned. The 'sidewings' of the altarpiece of 1712 is one of the older items that have been salvaged through fires etc. through the years.

  • Trip Advisor logo

Contact

Address:
  • Falkhytten
  • 6480 AUKRA
Phone:
70 23 88 00
Email:
info@visitnorthwest.no
Website:
www.visitnorthwest.no

Facilities

Season:
  • Autumn
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Winter

Where is Aukra Church?