Brusand beach is a popular sandy beach sheltered by sand dunes. Access the beach from the north of the beach near the parking. Here, you'll see one of the most significant and visible geological changes in the landscape, from the hilly and craggy landscapes of Dalane, to the flat landscape north of Brusand. The sand dunes are extraordinary and they make out a distinct contrast to the southern landscape. Lagune and river streams create variation.
Armour blocks formed by large rows of concrete from the Second World War, called Hitler's teeth, are a characteristic sight here. Northwest of Hitler's teeth is also a six-metre wide and three-metre deep trench that used to be a tank trench during the war.
Kiting and surfing are allowed at the beach at Brusand. For beginners, it is best to do this in the summer and early autumn. For the experienced surfers, conditions further into the fall will offer better surfing opportunities, but please remember that there is a ban on surfing/board sailing/kiting on beaches affected by bird protection from 1 October to 31 March). Kiting is only possible on the following beaches: Sola, Hellestø, Byberg, Bore and Brusand.
How to behave along the beaches at Jæren
- It is forbidden to drive motorised vehicles
- In the bird protection areas, you cannot exercise activities of disturbing effect; surfing, board sailing, kiting and dog walking.
- It is prohibited to surf/board sailing/kiting in the bird-protected areas from 1 October to 31 March
- Horseback riding, bike riding, camping and tenting in the sand dunes are prohibited
- You must not walk on farmland during the growing season
- Respect people's privacy. Do not set up a tent any nearer than 150 meters from a house or a cottage
- You'll need permission from the land owner if you camp for longer than 2 nights
- Do not light a fire in nature between 15 April to 15 September
- Respect the fact that others might use the area as their livelihood
- If you bring along a dog in nature, you are obligated to keep it on a leash where livestock is grazing. Remember the general laws on keeping dogs on a leash
- For hunting and fishing, special rules apply that you need to be aware of
- Flying with drones is forbidden throughout the entire landscape protection area
- Larger events are not allowed without a special dispensation