One of Nordmøre's oldest stone churches dating from c. 1190. The church became a listed building in 2002, but it is still in use. Extended in the 17th century, it was originally a private chapel for the King's ombudsman on Edøy.

The church is used as a beautiful side scene for the historical play Fru Guri av Edøy played every summer at the amphitheatre at Gurisentret.

Contact

Address:
  • Edøya
  • 6570 SMØLA
Phone:
71 54 46 00
Email:
postmottak@smola.kommune.no
Website:
www.smola.kommune.no

Where is Edøy gamle kirke - Church?