While Uteguiden are guiding you safely over Romsdalseggen, they also share from local knowledge and give you a deeper connection to both the hike and the surroundings.
You will enjoy a spectacular view towards Trollveggen cliff, Romsdalen valley, and the fjord. The hike lead us in-between mountain which rises over 1800 meters, and are on the boarders of two Nationalparks, Reinheimen and Dovrefjell & Sunndalsfjella. Along the way we will stop for multiple breaks, and enjoy a traditional Norwegian lunch pack brought with us for a local producer. It's a long (10km) and demanding hike with almost 1000 meter ascent, but it`s definitely rewarding as long as you are in good shape and used to walk in steep and uneven terrain.
- Stating time is at 0815 a.m and this is a 8 hour long trip
- Climb: 970 meters / 3182 feet
- Elevation: 1215 meters / 3986 feet
- Distance: 11 kilometers / 6 Miles
What to bring
- Outdoor clothing suitable for hiking
- Water repellent or windstopper jacket
- Waterproof hiking boots
- Wool underwear, wool socks
- Mid-layer – fleece or wool
- Hat and gloves
- Backpack – 20-25L
- Bottle of water (1 liter)
- Guide with local knowledge
- Traditional Norwegian lunch pack – high quality local food and drink
- Safety equipment
Buss ticket from Åndalsnes to starting point is not included
To keep you safe, Uteguiden have some safety instructions and requirements you need you to follow.