Preikestolen is the perfect scene for a majestic morning high in the mountains. The highlight is the spectacular view from the sheer cliff face, towering 604 meters above the Lysefjord. Being present to witness the silent at dawn is another experience unlike any other. It is a fantastic reward after all the work it took to get there.
The drive from Stavanger to Preikestolen parking takes about 40 minutes. From Jørpeland it takes 10 minutes by car.
You will have plenty of time for breaks, snacks and photography
This hike is perfect if you want to avoid the thousands of people that will be on the trail during the high-season days.
Go hiking with a guide, and don't worry about logistics and timing.
About the guided hike
- When to go: April 1st – October 31th
- Max hikers: 8
- Age: 6+
- Duration: 7-8 hours (5-6 hours hiking)
- Suitable for participants who are generally in good physical condition and have previous hiking experience.
- Transportation to/from Stavanger centre or Jørpeland
- Professional guide
- Headlamp and hiking poles
- Hot beverage and snack
- Post-hike breakfast at Preikestolen Basecamp
- Proper hiking boots
- Warm and water-resistant clothes
- Small backpack
- Water and snacks