This specially marked road section, which has been named Knuten – the Knot – is still the same as when it was opened in 1882. It was constructed in connection with the work done on Geirangervegen to win height and navigate difficulties in the terrain. The construction in solid rock is witness to the engineering skills of its designers and those who built it, and it represents an important monument to the road-building pioneers who built Geirangervegen from 1881 and to the opening in 1889.

Contact

Address:
  • 6216 GEIRANGER
Phone:
70 26 38 00
Email:
info@visitgeirangerfjorden.com
Website:

Where is Knuten?