The strong tidal currents here made passage difficult for seafarers wishing to navigate in and out of Skjoldafjorden, situated a little further north. Several times an initiative was taken to facilitate traffic through Skjoldastraumen. In 1895, the Harbor Director took over the case, and on 14 November 1908, the locks were officially opened by D / S "Karmøy" and the Stavanger boats "Robert" and "Skjold" entering the fjord and passing through the locks.

  • Facebook logo

Where is The locks in Skjoldastraumen?