On the trip you will experience the changes from the open coastal landscape to the narrow and dramatic fjords. You also travel through three fjords, and on the trip, you are accompanied by a fjordranger who tells about how the forces of nature have shaped the landscape, about plants and animals that live here and about the people who have farmed the narrow mountain ledges. In winter and early spring, you can get to know the UNESCO Geirangerfjord without the large crowds. During this time there is a quiet calm over the landscape, the air is sharper, the light clearer and the shadows deepen.
Activities in Geiranger
In Geiranger, take the bus up to the famous lookout point Flydalsjuvet, where you can place yourself amidst the iconic image of the Geirangerfjord before driving on to the Norwegian Fjord Center, a world heritage visitor center. To complete the trip back down to the fjord and the fjord cruise boat you can opt for the bus or walk down the spectacular 327 steps of the waterfall stairway descending by the river.
- Three hours fjord cruise, 2.5 hours in Geiranger and three hours journey back to the coastal cruise ship in Ålesund.
- Bus in Geiranger, walk along the waterfall for those who would like to.
- Wear warm clothes and good shoes. Join us on a pleasant journey of discovery into the world heritage area Geirangerfjord.
- Lunch on the way to Geiranger, hot drink and snack on the way back.
- February: 28th
- March: 11th and 22nd
- April: 2n2, 13th and 24th
- May: 5th, 16th and 27th
From Ålesund - Geiranger 10:30 - 13:30
From Geiranger - Ålesund 16:00 - 19:00