Line NW400 Stavanger–Haugesund–Bergen
Kystbussen Express Bus between Stavanger and Bergen takes you easily from one city centre to another along the beautiful west coast of Norway. On the way, you will get a chance to enjoy glistening fjords, snow-covered peaks and idyllic small farms. In one day, you can visit Stavanger, Norway's oil capital, and Bergen, the city between the 7 mountains.
Lean back and enjoy the outstanding nature along the way- while we handle the driving! Our modern buses are equipped with comfortable seats, power sockets and WC on board.
The trip between Stavanger, Haugesund, Leirvik and Bergen includes a ferry across the Boknafjord (22 minutes crossin) and a ferry trip across the Bjørnefjord (approx. 40 minutes crossing). Several underwater tunnels are also a part of the trip.
Kystbussen has frequent departures in both directions all day, all week.
Main stops along the route
Haugesund: Bus terminal
Leirvik: Bus terminal
Bergen: Bus station, platform N
Stavanger-Haugesund: approx. 1 hour 55 minutes*
Stavanger-Leirvik: approx. 3 hours 10 minutes*
Stavanger-Bergen: approx. 4 hours 20 minutes*
*travel time can vary slightly depending on the route
- All our departures do not stop in Haugesund. Please check the travel planner.
- You have two pieces of luggage included in your ticket (max 30 kilos). You can also book space for additional luggage. For each piece of extra luggage, we charge 50 NOK. Read more here.
- You can reserve a child seat when booking your ticket. There will be 1-2 seats available for each departure, but we can only guarantee a free seat if booked in advance. The seats are for children between the age of 1 and 4 years. For children under 8 kilos, we recommend that you bring your seat. In addition, we have two booster seats available for older children.
- Foldable strollers can be stored in the luggage rooms underneath the bus
- You can reserve a space for your bike (normal or electric bike) by adding it to your ticket. An additional fee of 270 NOK will be added to your ticket. There is only space for 1-2 bikes on each bus, so make sure you book early. Read more here
- The ferry ticket is included in the bus ticket
- You cannot bring animals in our buses
- Most of our buses have a wheelchair lift. If you need special assistance (f.ex. with a wheelchair in and out of the bus) please contact us before 3 p.m. the day before departure here.
The coastal bus has two types of departures
- The straight route (strake veien) (Stavanger-via Aksdal-Bergen) - departures with fewer stops. You can find the departures by looking for the departures that take 4 hours and 30 minutes in total between Bergen and Stavanger.
- Regular departures (Stavanger-via Haugesund-Bergen) Travel time 5 hours and 25 minutes.
You can find timetables by searching in the travel planner.