The hiking trail across Romsdalseggen ridge starts in Venjesdalen and ends in Åndalsnes. The easiest way to get to the starting point for the hike, is to use the Romsdalseggen bus from Åndalsnes to Venjedalssetra. The bus ride from Åndalsnes center to Venjedalssetra takes about 20 minutes.
The Romsdalseggen bus routes starts operating as soon as the (snow) conditions indicate that it is safe to hike cross Romsdalseggen. By traveling by bus, you save time, money and the environment. A part of the profit from the Romsdalseggen bus goes to maintenance of the trail.
- The bus has up to 5 departures per day depending on the season
- Extra buses are arranged at days with heavy traffic
- The bus route starts and ends at several places in the Åndalsnes area
- The bus departures may be canceled on days with bad weather or little traffic
- We recommend to prebook your bus tickets to ensure your seat at the preferred bus departure
Take the bus to and from your accommodation
The Romsdalseggen bus is part of a ring route that both picks you up and brings you back to a number of accommodation establishments in the Åndalsnes area. The bus also runs via the bus station in the center of Åndalsnes, which is a hub for trains, buses and the gondola.
Nice to know
- Venjedalsveien is a private farm road where you have to pay tolls, these are included in the bus ticket
- Parking options at Venjedalssetra are limited
- The Romsdalseggen bus has been introduced to avoid traffic problems along this road
- Dogs are welcome on board
- We recommend using a local guide on this trip