Skip to main content

Haugesund Town Hall was a gift from shipowner Knut Knutsen OAS and his wife Elisabeth. The town hall was designed by architects Gudolf Blakstad and Hermann Munthe-Kaas and was officially opened in 1931. The park was opened in 1949. The town hall is one of the most famous buildings in the country and contains a wealth of artistic decorations. The building and its surrounding areas have been preserved. In the book Norges kunsthistorie, (The History of Norwegian Art) Leif Østby describes the town hall in connection with the classical trend among architects in the 1920s: "One of the movement's most important works is Haugesund Town Hall - with its magnificent, outstandingly striking corner section embellished with double pillars."

  • Facebook logo
  • Trip Advisor logo

Contact

Address:
  • Rådhusgata 66
  • 5528 HAUGESUND
Phone:
+ 47 52 01 08 30
Email:
pos@visithaugesund.no
Website:

Facilities

Season:
  • Summer
  • Winter
  • Spring
  • Autumn

Where is Haugesund Town Hall?