In 1878 the Lighthouse Authority purchased Vestre Hestskjæret, a skerry off Honningsøya island, for 160 kroner. The lighthouse, situated 15 km by sea from Kristiansund, became operational on 1 November 1879. It was the first Norwegian lighthouse to utilise a Swedish invention that broke up the light into timed intervals. This was more informative and was well received by seafarers.

Contact

Address:
  • Hestskjæret
  • 6530 AVERØY
Phone:
70238800
Email:
info@visitnorthwest.no
Website:
www.visitnorthwest.no

Facilities

Season:
  • Autumn
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Winter

Where is Hestskjæret Lighthouse?

Fjord Norway's secondary logo