This adventure starts at the harbour of Stavanger (Vågen). A safety brief is conducted first and you will get individual safety equipment handed out (included). When everyone is safe on board the boat, the course is set towards the Lysefjord. On the way, you get to see Stavanger from the seaside with attractions such as Norwegian Petroleum Museum, Old Stavanger and Natvigs Minde.
Coming out from the inner harbour, the speed can accelerate - and this is where the fun begins! In 35 knots (60 km/h), you cruise past islets and reefs, close to nature and you feel the sea breeze on your face. It almost feels like flying above the water. Keep an eye out for both birds and fish! You could possibly see seals, porpoises and sea eagles in this area. On the way, there are stops, such as the Vagabond's cave (Fantahålå), below Preikestolen and by the Hengjanefossen waterfall (also called Whiskeyfossen (the whisky falls)).
The tour is back in Stavanger after approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes at sea.
Should you wish to go on this trip at another time than the ones scheduled, you can book your own private tour for you and your fellow travellers.
The security of guests is first priority. All necessary safety equipment is included. Speed and driving style is adapted according to conditions.
- Level of difficulty: Moderate
- Duration: 2 hours
- Address: Strandkaien 37, 4005 Stavanger
- Meet up at 15 min. before departure
- When: Departures every day during the season
- Clothes: Dress according to weather conditions.
- Remember it is always colder at seas than onshore
- Minimum age: 6 years. Kids under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult