Orrestranden beach is a three-kilometres long sandy beach. Possibility to buy food and drinks at the Orre friluftshus, as well as toilets, barbecue facilities, and parking for cars and bikes. The centre is one of the stops along the Norwegian Scenic Route Jæren. The beaches of Jæren are part of a protected landscape area, where both plants and birdlife are protected. This means that it is not allowed to surf, kite, camp, cycle or pick flowers. Kiting is only possible on the following beaches: Sola, Hellestø, Byberg, Bore and Brusand.
Orrestranden beach obtained the Blue flag certificate in June 2017. The blue flag season is from 5 June to 31 August.
Conditions for use
- It is forbidden to drive motorised vehicles
- In the bird protection areas, you cannot exercise activities of disturbing effect; surfing, board sailing, kiting and dog walking.
- It is prohibited to surf/board sailing/kiting in the bird-protected areas from 1 October to 31 March
- Horseback riding, bike riding, camping and tenting in the sand dunes are prohibited
- You must not walk on farmland during the growing season
- Respect people's privacy. Do not set up a tent any nearer than 150 meters from a house or a cottage
- You'll need permission from the land owner if you camp for longer than 2 nights
- Do not light a fire in nature between 15 April to 15 September
- Respect the fact that others might use the area as their livelihood
- If you bring along a dog in nature, you are obligated to keep it on a leash where livestock is grazing. Remember the general laws on keeping dogs on a leash
- For hunting and fishing, special rules apply that you need to be aware of
- Flying with drones is forbidden throughout the entire landscape protection area
- Larger events are not allowed without a special dispensation