At the tourist information in Sandnes, you can rent bikes for free for a deposit. The bikes are put out in mid-May each year and taken away at the end of October. The bikes are best suited for small bike rides in urban areas, as they are typical city bikes. So therefore not intended for longer bike rides. The bicycles must be picked up and returned during the tourist office's opening hours. If you want a bicycle helmet, you must have your own as this is not provided.
One of the destination experts at the tourist information can help with cycling maps from the area and can be helpful with advice and tips on where your biking trip could go. The green route Sentrumsruta can be recommended.
Remember the Cycling Rules
- are visible in traffic
- give clear signs
- have eye contact with fellow road users
- listen to the traffic, not the music
- wait for the green lights
- give pedestrians first right on the sidewalk
- switch on the headlight in the dark
- wear a helmet (NOTE. You must have your own helmet, the tourist office does not rent out helmets)