Voss Resort is a busy area all year round. In the summer, the area is frequently used for hiking, swimming, taking pictures with the legendary Hangurshusko and paragliders. The hang and paraglider club has its main start at mount Hangurstoppen and the paragliders are great entertainment for both young and old. The gondola runs all year round and makes the mountain accessible to everyone. Hiking maps with various suggestions and tips are available in the tourist information at the lower station and the top station. If you are travelling with small children, Hangurstoppen is the perfect place. The panorama path is a 1km gravel path which is suitable for everyone, even wheelchairs. Hangurstoppen restaurant use local and seasonal produce and change their menu throught the year. The large windows lets you take in the view in all kinds of weather.
In winter you can explore what is known to many as «Norway's best ski terrain». Voss Resort has a variety of slopes for all levels. There are also several areas for children and a park for the more daring. An advanced snow cannon system and a lot of rain guarantees snow and even better trails throughout the season.
At Voss Resort, you will find:
- 40 km of groomed ski slopes
- 11 ski lifts (including one gondola) with a total capacity of 12 000 people an hour
- The gondola is located right next to Voss Station. This gives you the opportunity for a green travel from the town centre to the mountain in less than 9 minutes. The gondola is included in all of our ski passes.
- 24 ski slopes, including an international giant slalom and one SuperG slope
- Great conditions and several areas for off-piste skiing
- 18 km groomed cross-country trails
- Evening-skiing 3 days a week; Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- 10,5 km of floodlight slopes, including a terrain park (green, blue, red and black)
- Three areas dedicated specifically for the kids: Trollbakken, Grebbesbakken and Badnakrokjen
- Ski school and ski rental at Hangurstoppen and in Bavallen
- Terrain park, floodlit
- Snowmaking equipment to ensure snow in most of the resort during the entire season
- 4 cafes/restaurants in the resort; Hangurstoppen Restaurant, Storastova at Slettafjellet, Varmestova in Bavallen and Hangursrestauranten
- Ski in/ski out accommodation
At Voss Resort you can stay in modern self-service cabins and apartments with the ski slopes next door. The cabins and apartments are beautifully located so you can enjoy the views over the mountains, and with nature and the slopes at your doorstep. The drive from Bergen to the cabin park at Voss Resort is about 1,5 hours, and about ten minutes from the center of Voss. The nearest grocery store in Skulestadmo is only five minutes away.
Voss is a great place to stay and a great base for roadtrips. The Hardangerfjord and the Sognefjord are only 45 minutes away by car.